As of midday Monday, March 23rd a directive came through from the Government that health studios and gyms etc. were required to suspend operation until further notice.
We are sad that we will have to close both the Yoga & Ayurveda studios, but for the greater good of community health, and to help flatten the curve, it really is the right thing to do.
However, we are working on getting some live streamed classes to you via Zoom so that we can stay connected, and keep you stretched and relaxed. We will keep you posted with details on signing up for that as it becomes available. In the meantime, if you want to sign up to Zoom, that would be good start!
ENHANCE YOUR IMMUNITY WITH THESE TEN SIMPLE DAILY WELLNESS ROUTINES
1. Drink hot water, herbal teas & hot drinks regularly during the day. This is very IMPORTANT as the Covid-19 virus remains in your throat for 3-4 days before passing into the lungs.
2. Eat warm, freshly prepared home cooked meals with whole grains, fresh seasonal vegies, fruit, garlic & spices. Avoid Kapha foods like cold dairy & sugar. Favour warming spices, Turmeric, Ginger, Black pepper, Bay leaves, Tulsi-Holly basil, Cinnamon, Cloves & Cardamom. Avoid eating out and leftover food. Keep your microbiome happy with small portions of fermented food e.g. sauerkraut.
3. Gargle with warm water & ½ tsp of Himalayan salt & Turmeric 2 x daily (Premium grade organic Turmeric available at Yogaveda).
4. Gandush or oil pulling with Black Seed Sesame oil is a powerful way of cleansing not only the mouth but the entire head & neck area of accumulated toxins. Gandush can be done first thing in the morning to clean your mouth – Take approximately 2tsp of oil & swish around your mouth for 5-10 minutes, then spit out in the garden. Do not gargle or swallow, as it is full of toxins (the colour of the oil changes from golden to white) Rinse your mouth with warm water.
5. Daily cleansing your tongue with a copper tongue scraper ensures you are aware of any changes in your mouth/throat. Toxins tend to accumulate as a white sticky coating, this Ama can be removed with a combination of tongue scraping & practising Gandush. Copper is a recognised antimicrobial metal.
6. Lubricate & protect your nasal membranes with warm Nasya oil – Nasya oil cleanses the sinuses & can be used regularly as a preventative decongestant for coughs, sore throats & sinus congestion. Also promotes clarity of the mind, enhances memory & concentration.
7. Enhance your Immunity with Chyvanprash, Triphala & our Immune Tea – freshly blended herbs of Tulsi (Holy basil), Turmeric, Ashwagandha, Licorice & other immune boosting herbs. All these products contain Amalaki which is the highest natural source of Vitamin C.
8. Use aromatherapy oils to purify home & office spaces. Eucalyptus, Basil, Clove, Frankincense, Rosemary, Tea Tree, Thyme, Sage, Oregano, Lemon & Cinnamon bark oils all revive your senses & enhance your mood. Can also add to a spray bottle to disinfect taps, toilets & surface areas.
9. Daily Abhyanga with warm Black seed sesame oil is a powerful anti-oxidant, stress reliever, decongestant and self-care therapy to nurture your mind & body. A deeply calming & pacifying experience that promotes the movement of toxins – Ama – into the organs of elimination.
10. Stay calm & positive… remember this too will pass. Keep up your yoga, breathing & meditation practises to keep you well & happy.
Please call Nikki on 0411 796 354, or Leah on 0438 693 855, to arrange a pick up.