YOGAVEDA CLASSES NOW ONLINE
Online Yoga Classes are now up and running!
We have put together a new Online Class Timetable. Please go to our website to view the times and follow the Instructions to join a class online.
HERE IS HOW YOU DO IT
1. Download the zoom.us app to your device (phone, tablet or laptop) and create a log in.
2. Please purchase classes by sending payment to the Account shown on that page. Those who already have Class Passes with us can continue using them for Online Yoga Classes.
3. Once the payment is received you will receive an email with a log-in password that can be used to access the classes.
4. Simply find the class you want to attend.
5. Click “Join Now’ at the appropriate time.
6. Enter the password to the Join the class.
You will be directed to a lobby waiting room until the teacher admits you in before the class.
PREPARING FOR HOME PRACTICE
You will need a few essentials to get yourself ready for the class;
* A mat
* Blanket or two
* Bolster (or 2 firm cushions/pillows)
* Blocks if you have them
* A strap
* A chair
* You can however improvise using things around the house like cushions/pillows, rolled up towels etc. We also have a range of Yoga Equipment (Mats, Bolsters, Blocks and Straps) if you are wanting to purchase them for your home practice.
We are hope you will give the online classes a try to keep up your practice while staying connected to each other. A regular yoga practice is an amazing support for you at this time to maintain your mind body wellbeing. It is both grounding and calming for the mind and body.
TIME TO ADAPT TO NEW LIFESTYLE CHANGES
Now we suddenly have this unexpected time on our hands, let’s use it wisely to dose up on some healthy lifestyle choices. Implementing a daily routine (Dinacharya) is an effective way to enhance your immunity. This new daily routine will create a sense of structure to support you through these changing times.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO CREATE YOUR NEW DAY
- Wake up early – best to be up by sunrise.
- Sesame Oil mouth swish – take approximately 2 teaspoons of sesame oil and swish around in your mouth for up to 10 minutes before spitting out and rinsing mouth with warm water.
- Scrape you tongue with a tongue scraper.
- Apply warm Nasya Oil to the nasal membranes to clear the naso-sinal passages.
- Drink a glass of hot water or ginger tea.
- Sit and meditate for whatever time you can, settling the mind and creating a positive mindset for the day.
- Yoga practice – time to connect to your body and release stress and tensions.
- Connect to nature – take a daily walk outdoors somewhere peaceful if you can, such as the ocean or the river.
- Give yourself a massage (Abhyanga) with warm Black Seed Sesame Oil – a deeply calming and pacifying experience for mind and body. Follow with a warm shower or bath.
- Eat your main meal of the day between 10am and 2pm when your digestion is peaking. Try to eat your meals in a calm relaxed environment.
Be gentle with yourself and treat yourself lovingly. Let’s also be grateful for what we have and offer kindness and compassion to others as much as we can, during this turbulent time.
SOME HERBAL FORMULAS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR IMMUNITY
Please visit the Immune Enhancing Superfoods page on our website.
Freshly blended immune enhancing organic herbal tea containing Ashwaghanda, Tulsi, Turmeric (premium grade), Moringa, Amalaki, Licorice, Ginger & Gotu Kola. This powerful combination of rejuvenating herbs fortifies the immune system.
Tulsi & Ginger Tea
Organic Tulsi – Holy Basil & Ginger powder These Sattvic herbs are particularly beneficial for relieving respiratory conditions and have a potent synergy to ward off any colds & flu, coughs & sore throat while stoking up your digestive fire.
Chyvanprash – Ayurveda’s Superfood
Chyvanprash is a tonic traditionally taken one month prior to winter to support the immune system. This rejuvenating formula is prepared with more than 40 herbs and is loaded with Amalaki (Vitamin C) that has adaptogenic properties which help the body adapt to stress & strengthen the immune system.